The Technical and Test Institute for Construction Prague, SOE (TZÚS Prague), is registered in II. section of the list of institutes qualified for expert activities pursuant to Act No. 36/1967 Coll. on experts and interpreters, as amended.
The scope of the expert authorization is given by the decision of the Minister of Justice No. 564/2011-ODS-ZN / 6 of 24 February 2012 (hereinafter referred to as the Decision of the Minister) for the field of construction as follows:
- testing in construction, noise emissions
- survey and diagnostics of buildings, civil engineering, construction technologies, defects and failures of buildings, construction inspection;
- testing in construction, noise emission
The performance of expert activities is governed by Act No. 36/1967 Coll., as amended, on experts and interpreters, and Decree No. 37/1967 Coll. to implement the law on experts and interpreters. The performance of expert activities is applied in proceedings before state bodies and bodies to which the tasks of state bodies have been transferred, and it is also applied in investigations carried out in connection with legal acts of citizens or organizations. In this context, two types of expert opinions are distinguished:
- expert opinion requested - opinions requested by state authorities (courts, police…); these assessments are usually taken into account by the courts and are subject to the rules on the amount of reimbursement of costs and remuneration. Expert ones can be applied only in the amount according to Decree 37/1967 (Part IV). The final amount of the expert one is decided by the body that ois requested by the report; only after receipt of this decision an invoice can be issued
- expert opinion outside the proceedings - expert opinions requested by citizens or organizations; these opinions represent common evidence for the courts and these opinions are not subject to the regulation on the amount of compensation; expert ones may be invoiced in the amount corresponding to the contractual price charged for expert opinions, expertise or similar acts.
TZÚS Prague prepares expert opinions where it is not necessary to meet the condition of actions of natural and legal persons before state administration bodies. Expert opinions cover in particular the areas of:
- stability of load-bearing structures
- thermal technical properties of buildings
- evaluation of the properties of building materials and products
- inspection of static parts of the assessment
- evaluation of the quality of the work performed
- fire safety of buildings