Certification bodies performing conformity assessment in the field governed by Act No. 22/1997 Coll., On Technical Requirements for Products, and the related government regulations are called authorized bodies. An entity authorized by the Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing to perform the activities becomes an authorized body based on the verification of its ability to meet the requirements of the applicable government regulation. The products covered by this Act are called specified products, and they usually require a declaration of conformity before being placed on the market.
Selected construction products
Prior to marketing in the Czech Republic, the construction products for which there is no harmonized technical specification must be assessed in accordance with Government Regulation No. 163/2002 Coll., as amended by Government Regulation No. 312/2005 Coll., laying down technical requirements for selected construction products. Annex 2 of the above Regulation contains a list of specified products; this Annex also lays down a procedure to assess the product. In the absence of specified product standards, the authorized body prepares a building technical certificate (STO). The preparation of the certificate is based on technical manuals which are used for the unified procedure for all interested authorized bodies.
Based on the decision of the Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing, Technical and Test Institute for Construction Prague is authorized, as Authorized Body No. 204, for conformity assessment according to Annex 2 of Government Regulation No. 163/2002 Coll., as amended by Government Regulation No. 312/2005 Coll., for the following product groups:
- construction products for concrete and reinforced concrete construction parts
- construction products for masonry buildings
- wooden construction products and wooden structures
- construction products for metal structures
- protective thermal insulation materials and products, waterproofing materials, roof coverings and adhesives
- construction products for sewerage systems and distribution of liquids and gases
- construction products for the fixtures and fittings for building openings
- special materials, products, structures and equipment
- technical equipment of buildings
- construction products for interior and exterior finishes of walls, ceilings and floors
- construction products for sanitary facilities and other special products
Based on the issued certificates, the manufacturer or importer issues a declaration of conformity in accordance with Section 13 of Government Regulation No. 163/2002 Coll., as amended by Government Regulation No. 312/2005 Coll.
Prior to marketing, playground equipment must be assessed in accordance with Government Regulation No. 173/1997 Coll., as amended by Government Regulation No. 88/2010 Coll., laying down selected products for conformity assessment. Playground equipment covers equipment and structures, including all components and structural elements, with which or on which children can play outside or inside, either individually or in groups. Playgrounds are assessed in accordance with the standards of the ČSN EN 1176 series, laying down general requirements for their installation, inspection, maintenance and operation, as well as requirements for the individual elements of their equipment.
Based on the decision of the Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing, Technical and Test Institute for Construction Prague is authorized, as Authorized Body No. 204, to perform conformity assessment of means of popular entertainment (playground equipment), in accordance with Government Regulation No. 173/1997 Coll., as amended by Government Regulation No. 88/2010 Coll., for the following products:
- standalone play equipment (climbing frames and systems)
- rocking equipment (seesaws, spring swings and others)
- combined playground equipment
- surfaces of playgrounds and spaces for children
- equipment for users of in-line skates, roller skates, skateboards or similar roller sports equipment, and BMX bikes
Issued certificates serve manufacturers and importers to prepare a declaration of conformity in accordance with Section 6 of Government Regulation No. 173/1997 Coll., as amended by Government Regulation No. 88/2010 Coll.; they also serve founders of children playgrounds as equipment safety confirmation by a third party.
Beyond the requirements of Government Regulation No. 173/1997 Coll., you can also obtain an expert opinion for the existing playground equipment, or have old or new playground equipment examined if there are doubts about its safety parameters.